Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS released

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 20 01:52:41 UTC 2010

On 19/08/2010 18:43, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 14:30 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

[pruned]

>> Hang on....something not quite right here....you don't know how to
>> switch desktops using the mouse like you can in KDE? Me thinks there is
>> some definitional problem here....
>>
>> On the bottom panel, right hand, there are at least 4 (by default) boxes
>> - each is a desktop. And the icon at the end of that panel is the
>> Recycling Bin.
>>
>> Or are we into some other 'thing' here? :-)
>>
> yeah, where I just swoosh my mouse to the edge of the desktop and I go
> to the next desktop. Not clicking on a box. SWOOSH! :) Ric

Oh, you mean something like in Compiz - which I don't use 'cause I have
better things for my CPU to do.

Or what you get when you place the cursor on a workspace (one of then
lill boxes on bottom panel) and use the roller on the mouse to switch to
another workspace?

BC

--
Wagner's music is really not as bad as it sounds.