Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS released

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 19 04:30:27 UTC 2010

On 19/08/2010 14:17, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 10:32 +1000, Res wrote:

>>> Yes, which is why I advise my clients to use Debian stable.  Ubuntu has
>>> so much to offer, but they keep putting this mad release cycle ahead of
>>> stability.
>>>
>>> 10.04 should not have been released before this .1 mark, as it is too
>>> complicated for mum and dad to triage and fix.
>>>
>> yup, tis why I find myself tolerating kde in slackware more and more, and
>> that hurts coz I detest KDE and gnome has too many nice apps ;)
>>
> I happen to LIKE KDE, but I found the best way to install it is to
> install Ubuntu first, then add KDE to that. I like gnome, too... but
> I've not figured out how to switch desktops just using my mouse as I can
> with KDE. If anyone knows, I'd like to know. Ric

Hang on....something not quite right here....you don't know how to
switch desktops using the mouse like you can in KDE? Me thinks there is
some definitional problem here....

On the bottom panel, right hand, there are at least 4 (by default) boxes
- each is a desktop. And the icon at the end of that panel is the
Recycling Bin.

Or are we into some other 'thing' here? :-)

BC

--
Don't resent getting old - a great many are denied the privelege.