Anyone rolling a kernel nowadays?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 01:31:02 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 13:55 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

> (1) the Timer Frequency is set to - 275HZ or 1000HZ? (you'll find this
> in the Processor Type and Features);
The selections presented were 100, 250, 300, 1000hz
The pre-select is 250

> (2) In Processor Type & Features>Preemption Mode, is RealTime Preemption
> selected (it should be)?

I found:
Preemption Model (Voluntary Kernel Preemption (Desktop))  --->

( ) No Forced Preemption (Server)
(X) Voluntary Kernel Preemption (Desktop)
( ) Preemptible Kernel (Low-Latency Desktop)

...is that what you're looking for?? Which should be of those three??

> (The last Q. would have been is the Processor Type set to your CPU make
> but it wasn't and I too will therefore need to change it to Athlon.)

Nope, sure wasn't, mine was set to intel and I have an athlon64.

> Now to go and read that URL you provided while I wait your response to
> above questions :-) .

Have fun! Ric