Canon LBP2900B Printer on Ubuntu 10.04

Arun Shrimali arun.reso at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 12:36:26 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Arun Shrimali <arun.reso at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 11:49 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> On 08/05/2010 06:22 AM, Arun Shrimali wrote:
>> >>

>> > Oh! great finally, I got the print out .........
>> >
>> > BUT
>> >
>> > (here is the complete story) I think, as I have done lots of experiment,
>> > thus I have to refresh the whole thing, thus I removed completely cups
>> and
>> > cups-common. And reinstall them freshly. Then followed the following
>> link,
>> > which I think is most suited as mentioned for LBP XXXXX
>> >

>> http://www.unixmen.com/linux-distributions/ubuntu/229-installation-canon-lbp2900-on-linux

>> > Is there any solution for this ??
>>
>> Did you try the forum suggested by the author?
>>
>> <quote>
>> N.B : Please don`t forget to report any issue in our forum for Canon
>> Printers (Link to the Forum)
>> </quote>
>>
>> That link is:
>> http://www.unixmen.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=138
>>

>> --
>>

> done

Some more insight, of the problem ...........

I have trying to get printout from my Canon LBP2900B for last few day, after
the above experiment, I am regularly doing hit and trial to get the
printout, and some time I got it.
Here is the finding of my experiments.

Even after the automatic detection of the printer LBP2900-2, there is no
need to del that. But to run the original configured printer LBP2900 you
have to run the following command

 $ sudo /etc/init.d/ccpd restart

The problem is
1)  it req. root password
2) after few movement it forget the password / command given

to resolve, again I have to run the command.

Is there any solution of this ............

Arun