multiple streaming servers in a cloud

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at
Mon Aug 9 07:26:55 UTC 2010

I have multiple video streaming servers running on some machines
internally on LAN.
For different subdomains.

The front end to the world is apache2 on a Bastion Host.
I do not have a DNS running over there.

To be able to reach the streaming server I
embed a javascript in HTML pages
as follows

<embed .....

the problem is the website are many

each on a separate physical server.

Each of these four have their own streaming servers the front end to
each of these four is a common Bastion Host.

If I run rtmp on each of the subdomains at a different port

how will I make sure
a request such as

goes to their respective servers.
from the front end server.

What do I need to handle in this case ?

IPTABLES came to mind instantly but from the client browser on
internet when some one requests

how will I make sure this rtmp request is mapped to a port different
1935 as there are three other streaming servers which are also to
respond to their respective requests

For handling HTTP requests in this case I use Apache Reverse Proxy
but for rtmp requests I am not clear as which direction to proceed.