[10.04]Best Method To Replace Video Card?

Jesse Palser SLNTHERO at aol.com
Tue Aug 3 14:28:08 UTC 2010

  [10.04]Best Method To Replace Video Card?

Hi,

I want to upgrade my video card on my Ubuntu 10.04 32bit computer.
I am upgrading my nVidia GeForce 8400GS to an nVidia GeForce GT 240.
I am running current stock nVidia driver that Ubuntu has certified.
Reason for this upgrade is because StarCraft 2 is too slow in Wine 1.2.

I want to avoid a full reinstall of the Ubuntu operating system.
What is the best method to do this upgrade of graphic card?
Thought I would swap cards and then boot into Ubuntu
and install the current nVidia 256.44 drivers?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks...

Jesse