Desktop Search Recommendation

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 2 07:48:58 UTC 2010

On 02/08/2010 15:09, wjventer at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Can anyone recommend a desktop search application for use on Ubuntu 10.4?  The only requirement is that it not be too resources intensive.  My laptop is a Lenovo G550 with 2Gb of RAM.
>
> Johan
> Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

What exactly do you mean by "desktop search application"?

If you have Ubuntu Lucid installed you already have a search facility
under Applications>Accessories>Search for Files.

Or if you have mc (Midnight Commander) installed you have a search
facility there.

Or, if you are into command line usage then there are command line
commands which will find you every thing you want (and about which I
have almost no knowledge :-( ).

So, what exactly are you looking for :-) ?

BC

--
If nothing happens, nothing can go wrong.