I want to configure a server

Robert Steinmetz rob at steinmetznet.com
Sun Aug 1 17:10:56 UTC 2010

  On 7/28/2010 3:54 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 11:23 -0400, Robert Steinmetz wrote:
>> I recently upgraded a server similar to what you describe. The
>> eGroupware in the repositories has a few issues but should work OK out
>> of the box, probably better on a completely clean installation. It
>> does require careful checking using the built in installation check to
>> make sure everything is set up correctly. her svm. Once I dleted the egroupware
> It has been borked for well over a year.

Really, I just upgraded from 8.04 LTS to 10.04 LTS and the initial
upgrade of egroupware was a mess, probably because the version I had
been running was a very old one and was installed directly from
eGroupware and upgraded from their svn. Once I deleted the
/usr/share/egroupware then installed 1.6.001 from the Ubuntu
repositories it found my old database tables, upgraded them and then
checked the install alerting me to a number of issues. I still have a
couple of things that are not quire right but the system functions
pretty much as I expect.
--
*Robert Steinmetz, AIA*
Principal