Lucid OEM install slow - possible to speed up the process?

Carsten Agger agger at modspil.dk
Fri Apr 30 15:07:08 UTC 2010

On 29-04-2010 18:59, NoOp wrote:

>> I wonder what your oem install time would be with ext3; perhaps you can
>> test?

No, I just handed in the target for further fiddling and cloning by the
company who supplies the OS to the store (voluntary work, BTW - this is
going to be the only laptop in Denmark to be sold with Ubuntu
pre-installed. If the sell 20 they're lucky, and then they'll have made
some £200. However, it's still a very big step in the direction of
jump-starting the market :-))

> Sorry, for others on the list I forgot to add a link to the release notes:
> [1] http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/1004
> [Performance regressions with ext4 under certain workloads]

Yes, this is really something of an eyeopener - if this is really an
ext4 issue, I mean - really does highlight the pros and cons of
switching. (I'm still on ext3, mainly because I kept my /home after
switching to lucid).

--
http://www.modspil.dk