Preinstall user running both Karmic and Lucid - Lenovo Ideapad S12 from Linux Emporium

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 06:28:49 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 3:01 AM, Alex Cockell
<alex at acockell.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> My question is - when would it be safe for me to boot my Lucid instance
> and accept all the system updates... and not risk having to send the
> machine back to Birmingham to be fixed.. and be without a PC for a
> while?

Right now, don't lose any time. Do it daily. Update both installs. Do
not run distribution upgrade in Karmic or you'll end up with two
identical Lucid installs.

Updated systems, (most of time, but not always) means safer and more
reliable systems

On terminal:

sudo aptitude update

and then:

sudo aptitude safe-upgrade

Or after configuring System / Administration / Software Sources, run
System / Administration / Update Manager, Check and Install.

L.

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
Lat.:  23°34'4.79"S - Long.: 46°39'59.53"W