Ubuntu 10.04 LTS released

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 30 02:29:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:03:33 -0400
Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 3:05 PM, ms <devicerandom at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 29/04/10 19:59, Nikolai K. Bochev wrote:

[update-manager, apt-get, aptitude, synaptic, dpkg, dselect, ...]

For me the update manager (gasp!) has been my friend through as many
updates as it has been around.  Before that it was synaptic.
What can I say, I'm a gooey guy.
My current installation of 10.04 started as Warty Warthog, 4.10.  I
think I've used all the .deb handleers (well, not dselect and not much
dpkg).
I only recently upgraded to 10.04 RC and then to the new version today.

The command <sudo update-manager -d> kicks some serious.. dust up
behind it.

Yep, it only does what apt-get already does but it's, "User-Friendly!"

That's important since Ubu can't yet catch on to the psychology of
colors.  M$ is where it is partly because light blue instills trust and
loyalty in the 'hooman' mind.

Cybe R. Wizard -...just sayin'. I hate the fact, too
	Winduhs