grub sees 2 out of 3 systems...lucky me

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Fri Apr 30 01:52:56 UTC 2010

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010, Goh Lip wrote:

> On 04/30/2010 05:47 AM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
>>
>> Note the absence of "/boot" in the kernel line.
>>

> Yes, but why? Is (hd0,5) the /boot partition and separate from the /
> partition? And the UUID refers to /boot partition and not the / partition?
>
> If there is no separate /boot partition, the /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.xxx and
> /boot/initrd.img should be there.

Yes, it's my usual practice to use separate partitions for /, /boot, and
/home. The UUID refers to the / partition. It's the same for the other
two distros on the computer. The other two boot OK. This one hangs with
(initramfs_). The / partitions have links to the files on the /boot
partition and was set up that way by the install program.

A lightbulb just went on. I need to check if those links exist on 9.04.
I'll get back.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279