problem with nautilus

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 29 20:49:35 UTC 2010

On 04/29/2010 12:50 PM, Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> garyk at garyk-laptop:~$ ls .ICEauthority -al
> -rw------- 1 garyk garyk 1710 2010-04-29 14:03 .ICEauthority
> garyk at garyk-laptop:~$ locate .ICEauthority
> garyk at garyk-laptop:~$
>
> This is on sda 5  (I think or it is 6) not sda 1 where the problem is.

OK. You could try copying the .ICEauthority file over to the problem
partition & then using chown to make sure it is owned by the same owner
& group. Not sure that will work, but might be worth a try.
Alternatively, on the problem partition you could try:

$ touch .ICEauthority

and reboot into that partition.