When will 10.4 will release?

Alvin Thompson alvin at thompsonlogic.com
Thu Apr 29 16:28:29 UTC 2010

On 04/29/2010 12:12 PM, Gabriel Santos wrote:
> It's a valid ubuntu mirror from Portugal.
> You can try it without problems.

Since it only has CD images and not the standard DVD release image, it's
doubtful this is the official 10.04 release.

Also, think about it: it's a MIRROR. That means that it gets its content
from "releases.ubuntu.com" (or another mirror, or similar mirror source
location). I see nothing on the site anywhere.

Also, mirrors generally have fat pipes. Assuming this were the official
release, the other faster mirrors would have had the release within
minutes of that mirror, because with prioritized network traffic on a
fat pipe it would only take minutes to get it.

There almost certainly would be a torrent release first, because that's
the fastest way to get it out there.

In all, I think it's doubtful it's the release, but I could be wrong.

-Alvin