Utuntu 9.10 x Ubuntu 10.04

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 13:40:14 UTC 2010

On 04/29/2010 07:27 AM, Paulo Silva(OpenSoftware) wrote:
> Em 29-04-2010 02:11, Lucio M Nicolosi escreveu:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Paulo Silva(OpenSoftware)
>> <psilva at opensoftware-br.com>   wrote:
>>

>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> So the only advantages 10.04 is LTS, the rest of the sistem has no
>>> differences.
>>>
>>> PSilva
>>>

>> But of course, as in any new release, you may expect a lot of bugs. As
>> usual, 10.04 will probably be stable in a couple of months.
>> Irresponsible people (like me and the bunch just above) running less
>> than critical applications on less than production machines are
>> already running Lucid just for fun (but we are true masochists).
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+bugs
>>

> That is the point, before install 9.10 I tried 10.04 with a live cd, but
> I had problems with it, so I decided for 9.10, because this is my work
> machine for development.
>
> You sad an important thing, it will be stable in couple of months, so I
> will wait this time, I can not see advantages to use it now.
>
> Thank you all for the considerations.
>
> Best regards
>
> PSilva

         I started with Alpha 1 of 10.04 and had some problems getting
it to today. But the list helped me through the hard parts and now 10.04
is a nice version. We have stopped getting updates a hundred a day to
the past 2 days when there were zero updates. If your 9.10 is using
grub2 and ext4 your way ahead of me when I started 10.04.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User