Utuntu 9.10 x Ubuntu 10.04

Tuxman tuxman at knology.net
Wed Apr 28 18:38:57 UTC 2010

Paulo Silva(OpenSoftware) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to this forum.
>
> Aside from the fact of being LTS version 10.04, which is the reason to
> switch from version 9.10 to version 10.04, that will be realease next
> thursday.
> My old version 8.04lts has crashed last week, so I installed 9.10 have
> about 5 days, this is a good situation to change again, because my new
> system is not totally configured yet, and changes is so easy at this moment.
>
> any consideration will be welcome.
>
> Best regards
>
> Psilva

If it were me, I'd install 10.04.

The LTS versions seem to have a lot more thought put into them. The only
versions of Ubuntu that I've used are the LTS versions 6.06, 8.04, and
I'll install 10.04 soon.

One thing to remember. The LTS versions are available for download even
after the newer versions come out, and they often have many of the
updates incorporated into them. So, you could have reinstalled 8.04
instead of using 9.10.