Invoice Scanning in Ubuntu

Andy Graybeal andy.graybeal at casanueva.com
Wed Apr 28 14:05:39 UTC 2010

Is anyone aware of hardware and software for scanning invoices easily?

Maybe something that has some type of optical character recognition to
recognize each companies invoice, name the file after that company and
the current date.  I understand we would need to train the OCR to
recognize each company's invoice.

For example we're buying anvils from Acme LLC and receive the invoice on
4/28/10 - the application recognizes the company's invoice and names the
file something like AcmeLLC_2010_04_28.png automatically.

-Andy