Questions for all programmers willing to help a beginner

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 04:57:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 00:39, Daniel <asmosis.asterix at gmail.com> wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen, shure. You can send me if you want.
> J I think you are right. I was a little bit to strict. At the end it doesn't
> matter, both methods need your attention in order for you to become a
> programmer just that yes, when going to Uni you will learn more things in a
> quicker time that by yourself. I will consider this idea of going to Uni,
> but right now I want to start learn alone.

I should quantify that with my own little bit of history.  I started
writing programs at about 10 years old using an embedded BASIC that
came with the old TRS-80 from Radio Shack.  From there, I took a
couple Adult Ed classes at Roanoke College and learned more Basic and
Pascal.  Then I tinkered through high school, but took Computer
Science classes there and learned qBasic and Pascal.

Then I spend a semester at college and got into C++ and VB, but that
ended abruptly due to life getting int the way..So I self taught,
based on what I'd learned previously and finally got back into school
and picked up VB.NET, C++, C, SQL, PLSQL, *HTML, JavaScript, Java, CSS
and XML.  Then back to self taugh after I graduated.... :-)

There's no reason why the both can't work together.  You can self
teach all the code in the world, just as if English was not your
native tongue , you could learn it by reading  a dictionary.  However,
you'll only have words at that point, and no grammar.  So you take an
eAdditional instructions are available for this testcase, click here
to read them.
English class and there you get the structure and the grammar of the
language and build on what you already know.

Does that make any sense?