No keyboard led, how get them on screen ?

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 20:15:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Francesco Bolzoni <info at bolzo.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> I own a dell 1749 laptop without CAPS & NUMLOCK status led.
> I would like to know if there is a software that indicates the status of
> the keyboard (caps on / off, numlock off/on) to video.
> As i use happly AWN, there is a plugin that do that ?

GKrellM (repositories) has a plugin  (gkrellm-xkb) that does exactly this.

"Keyboard layout indicator plugin for GKrellM

This GKrellM plugin indicates active X keyboard layout with country
flag, lists configured layouts, allows you to switch between them, and
also indicates Caps lock and Num lock status."

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
Lat.:  23°34'4.79"S - Long.: 46°39'59.53"W