10.04 rc update problems

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 27 17:09:42 UTC 2010

On 04/27/2010 05:37 AM, Goh Lip wrote:
> There is a new update on plymouth (in the last 2 hours) Does this help?
> If yes, try reinstalling nouveau and see if problem is still there.
>
> The script in /etc/init/plymouth.conf works differently for kubuntu and
> ubuntu and I don't have this problem as I am on kubuntu and the bug
> report I wrote in March affects only Kubuntu then.

The plymouth update is related to something different:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plymouth/0.8.2-2ubuntu2/+changelog

I have time to dig into the problem today. I have a mirror machine to
compare against. This machine is showing that xserver-xorg-nv is still
installed - the mirror does not have it, so I'll start there. Both
machines have nvidia-96 for the Quadro cards.