Don't search for monitors on boot

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 14:08:49 UTC 2010

Having the external monitor disconnected for boot:
✈dcl:~$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1680 x 1050, maximum 1680 x 1680
VGA-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
LVDS connected 1680x1050+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
axis) 331mm x 207mm
   1680x1050      60.1*+
   1400x1050      60.0
   1280x1024      59.9
   1440x900       59.9
   1280x960       59.9
   1280x854       59.9
   1280x800       59.8
   1280x720       59.9
   1152x768       59.8
   1024x768       59.9
   800x600        59.9
   640x480        59.4

Now, connecting it:

Wow! xrandr showed the output with both monitors, then a message
popped up on the screen mentioning that another monitor has been
detected and asked if I want to configure it. I clicked yes, and
System Settings opened up with the RandR screen open. I configured the
monitor and it works!

Now I know, when I connect the external monitor to run xrandx manually. Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com