Empathy IM is not working with MSN

Ioannis Vranos cppdeveloper at ontelecoms.gr
Tue Apr 27 11:18:24 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 21:44 +0300, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> I clean installed Ubuntu 9.10 x64, and I hoped this would have been
> fixed since the first time I had experienced it, however it hasn't.
>

> Empathy is not working with MSN. Any ideas on how to fix it?

I found this solution:

http://ubuntu-utah.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8058121&postcount=9

that is,

"ok try this remove telepathy-butterfly an you should just have
telepathy-haze installed try connecting with that".

and it just works!

There must be a conflict between the two libraries. I think this can be
provided as a fix in Ubuntu 9.10 updates soon.

--
Ioannis Vranos

C95 / C++03 Software Developer

http://www.cpp-software.net