4-core slow due to disk access

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Tue Apr 27 10:02:11 UTC 2010

NoOp wrote:
Gary & Alvin,
Thanks for the suggestions. However, I'm not running Lucid (yet) but
Karmic (latest version) and I use never compiz as well as any other
fancy graphic stuff. I use my computer and have no interest in graphic
impediments (My opinion, you may differ!).
I haven't yet have the time to restart my system (other tasks have
precedence) but I will do that in a momewnt and let you jnow how the
system behaves. My gamble is that firefox is the culprit and/or
thunderbird.I'm still using 2.0 as 3.0 complains when loading and has
too much fancy additions, but a solution to integrate with my mobile
phone (Nokia) as still impossible!!
I'll keep in touch.
Joep