10.04 rc update problems

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Mon Apr 26 18:38:16 UTC 2010

On 04/27/2010 01:40 AM, Goh Lip wrote:

> If booted okay and fine, come back here again and we'll try to sort out
> what happened and what next to do.

Kjetil, sorry to leave you now, I need my beauty sleep, I am on gmt +8.
If you boot fine without 'quiet' & 'splash', your login themes (new
purple splash) is not well installed and also a possibility the
'plymouth' splash not installed well too.

For plymouth, just reinstall again, making sure the plymouth-ubuntu
theme is installed together. (You can actually uninstall it to solve the
problem)
For ubuntu new themes, can someone here help as I am on kde and not
using gnome? (provided Kjetil boots okay, of course, without 'quiet' &
'splash').

If he still cannot boot without 'quiet' & 'splash', then God help him.
(just kidding), at least he's getting the new violet splash screen.

Good night.

--
War not determine who's right.
War determine who's left.