Dell Laptops

Tab Gilbert tabbox at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 17:59:52 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:46, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is all news to me; I put Ubuntu (currently 9.10) on my Inspirion 1525,
> and never had a bit of trouble.  Of course this could be that because I have
> my own backup methods using external SATA
> (indirectly through internet), I never allowed DataSafe to do anything when
> it asked.  I prefer to
> back up my Windoze with ntfsclone(1) from package ntfsprogs.
>
> I have never used DataSafe, always hitting cancel, either and it has
written on my master boot block at least six times before the nice folks on
the list found out what the problem was.   Maybe Dell has different versions
of DataSafe floating around.  All I can say is you should be happy DataSafe
has not corrupted your system.  You should certainly look at the thread if
you computer all of a sudden throws up strange emoticon looking symbols.

tab