Dell Laptops

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Mon Apr 26 15:44:41 UTC 2010

On Monday 26 April 2010 7:47:32 am accessys at smart.net wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Apr 2010, Robert Holtzman wrote:

> >> Dell seems to be dropping the ball, at least the last time
> >> I looked.  Maybe they changed recently.  Would be nice.
> >
> > Just checked. They show a Mini 10n mini and an Inspiron 15n.
>
> and it was that Inspiron that I tried to order and kept getting
> backordered for months before I canceled it.
>
> just go buy a System 76 or something from someone who cares.
> of course then dell will say "well we offered them and no one bought em"

They really can't say that as we needed another new laptop for an associate
pastor and could not get one from Dell.  We all, except one who runs Kubuntu
on his Mac, run Dell Inspiron 1525n laptops.  We need a webcam for Skype,
Open Office, and decent DVD video playing ability.  We had to go to
http://zareason.com/shop/home.php?cat=250 in order to get a suitable one.  We
also replaced our desktops and because we could not get a Dell desktop
either, we bought two Phoenix Pros from here,
http://www.commodoreusa.net/systems.html with Ubuntu 9.10 on them which of
course we instantly upgraded to Kubuntu to match our backed up office files.
We will change them to LTS a couple of weeks from now.  Sadly, we can no
longer trust Dell to provide decent machines for us so will likely upgrade
through these two places.  And because it is a business system, we do fire
people for trying to connect to our network with a windoze machine.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403