How to start SH script from CD/DVD using mouse double click?

Roland Turcan konf at rotursoft.sk
Mon Apr 26 11:38:08 UTC 2010

<<< 26.04.2010 13:16 - Markus Schönhaber "ubuntu-users at list-post.mks-mail.de" >>>
MS> 26.04.2010 12:55, Roland Turcan:

>> We have our application on CD where people by double click on setup.sh
>> file  install  it. But in Ubuntu 10.04 Gnome shows the content of file
>> instead of executing it. Ubuntu 9.04 executes it after a request.

MS> One can tell Nautilus what to do by checking the corresponding option under
MS> Edit/Preferences/Behaviour/Executable Text Files

Thanks, but here is really no changes.

>> How  to  execute  that  script  not  to  have to explain to all of new
>> customers,  that  the  only  way  is  to  go  to terminal and use some
>> commands,...
>>
>> BTW: This change of behavior is purpose or just a bug?

MS> I haven't noticed any change in the default behaviour in Lucid. So,
MS> maybe that change is on purpose of the user.

The fact is, that the Ubuntu 9.04 executes sh file after "asking" what
to  do. The Ubuntu 10.04 has the same setting, but the "ask" dialog is
shown  only in case when script file has "executable" permission, what
is not possible on CD.

IMHO it must be a bug. I will report it.

--
Best regards, TRoland
http://www.rotursoft.sk