xorg.conf in Ubuntu 9.10

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 22:50:24 UTC 2010

Em Domingo 25 Abril 2010, Alok Singh Mahor escreveu:
> I am unable to find the xorg.conf in Ubuntu 9.10 , which used to be
> present in /etc/X11. could anybody tell me where it is present?

It does not exist anymore. X tries to auto-detect your hardware. If it
fails and you must specify anything manually, you should create the
xorg.conf file in /etc/X11 and add the configuration you want. You do
not have to create all sections, it is generally enough to add just the
sections / parameters you need.

[]'s
Marcelo