xorg.conf in Ubuntu 9.10

Luis Paulo luis.barbas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 22:45:22 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Alok Singh Mahor <alokmahor at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am unable to find the xorg.conf in Ubuntu 9.10 , which used to be present
> in /etc/X11. could anybody tell me where it is present?

First, I have 9.10 and a /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.

As I understand it, X is becoming less and less depending on
xorg.conf, detecting everything for the basic need.

If you didn't install any proprietary driver (nvidia or ati), I think
its possible that xorg.conf was not created at all.

If you need to, create, edit it, and check /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Others will say if I am wrong.

Regards
Luis