Music CDs and Metadata

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Sun Apr 25 21:07:42 UTC 2010

On 25 April 2010 21:00, zongo saiba <zongosaiba at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought that there was metadata in the cd. My bad. Then if the CD is
> not find in a database (which database?) on the net, sound juicer or any
> other software for that matter will not show tracks titles and all the
> whatnot ?
I used to use Grip but that was dropped in 9.10. Since then I've been
using RipperX which has an option to query freedb.org. If the CD is
not in that database, you will have to do the hard work yourself.

About databases, the two most common databases are CDDB and it's
replacement in many ways, freedb. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDDB for gritty details.