Upgrading to Ubuntu 10.4 LTS RC

Xenon xenon401 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 15:18:57 UTC 2010

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 25 April 2010 16:40, Jos Dassen <jmhdassen at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have been trying to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.4 LTS with mixed success.
>>
>> The upgrade from 9.10 (amd64) to 10.4 LTS (amd64) went flawless.
>> The upgrade from 8.04 LTS (x86) to 10.4 LTS has problems. The process
>> finishes without errors and the updated system reboots OK. But then it does
>> not accept any input from the keyboard. Mouse works fine and also onboard
>> keyboard works fine.
>>
>> I guess there is something missing in the configuration.
>>
>> Any ideas ???
>>
>> (note: both systems are VMware virtual machines).
>>

> 10.04 is not release yet. Check for and file a bug if necessary.
>

> Hey Jos,

A couple of things could have caused this. There could possibly be some
bugs causing this issue. I am not a developer so I would not know where
to look for it. The final and stable release is on Thursday so look
forward to that. Also, it might have been a glitchy install even though
like you said, "...finishes without errors and the updated system
reboots OK,". I had to try 3 times until I got a good non/little glitchy
installation of Ubuntu 9.04. And it could possibly be a problem in the
configuration, too.

Hope this helps,
Xenon