Kaffiene & Lucid (RC)

Grizzly Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 25 06:46:38 UTC 2010

On 24 April 2010 at 11:09, Nils Kassube
Enlightened me with this:-Re: Kaffiene & Lucid (RC)

>Grizzly wrote:
>> I had Kaffeine working fine under 9.10

>> Install (fresh) Lucid RC and reinstalled Kaffiene

>> now it does nothing, actually it does scan my DVB-T card for channels
>>  B U T when I try to view them I get the DeMux warning and a
>>  Fifo://[address]

>Do you have the kubuntu-restricted-extras package installed?

Tried to instal this again, all seemedto go well but sys hung  (mouse curser
still movable but no icons or borders just the background) left an  age then
had to re-boot

When I go back to Synaptic it throws an error that ends in
"manually run  'Sudo dpkg --configure -a'"

when that is run I get (as close as I can remember)

'var\dpkg\update\0048'.. around line 0 EOF after field name

I also tried Atitude but that also throw the same error when trying to update
the cache

I have had to re-install Lucid(RC) again, maybe if I had more knowledge I could
have saved it ??