plugin for .wmv files

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun Apr 25 02:35:59 UTC 2010

On 25/04/10 02:36, Karl Larsen wrote:
> On 04/24/2010 08:06 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> On 24/04/10 23:36, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
>>

>>> Karl,

>>> Did you correctly enable the repository with the instructions on their
>>> web pages followed properly?
>>>
>>> The reason is... It works here.
>>>

>> As a new "member" of this mail list, I am slowly working out how Karl's
>> mind works and what he means, or doesn't mean, when he writes something.
>> Most all of it is either in code which he only understands or he simply
>> misunderstands what is written in the first instance and replies to what
>> he *thinks* was written.
>>
>> In the above statement, what he is trying to say in his own convoluted
>> way is that the first instruction as it stands does not work unless you
>> first enable the repository mentioned in Medibuntu. The real tricky bit
>> is to decipher his
>>
>> "That ran on my 10.04 updated system and tried the DVD again and it works!"
>>
>> against the
>>
>> "It doesn't work on 10.04."
>>
>> At first glance this appears to be a contradiction, but in reality - his reality that is - it is not.
>>
>> Don't despair, you'll get the hang of it eventually......
>>
>> BC
>>

>       You keep quoting what I said out of context,

I quote out of context?!

QUOTE IN FULL from above

        My experience this morning is the following: I tried sudo
apt-get for the 64 bit and it failed. Still nothing when I put a DVD
movie in the player.
Then went to the Medibuntu web page and did the wget they ask for by
copying it from the web to a terminal. That ran on my 10.04 updated
system and tried the DVD again and it works!
      So forget the above apt-get. It doesn't work on 10.04.

UNQUOTE

>   and wonder what I
> said. Your a jerk!

And what would that make you then? :-)

(BTW, that should be "you're" not "your".)

BC

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                                                     Galileo Galilei