Lucid RC 1004 & Mysql

Craig Herring craigeherring at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 01:05:50 UTC 2010

I'm trying to build a dedicated MySQL server with innodb support using
1004 and am running into a little trouble after using the 'huge' my.cnf
file. Here are the steps I took to reproduce...

1. Fresh install of 10.04 server/desktop

2. installed all updates

3. installed mysql-server-5.1 and made sure mysql was stopped

4. copied the mysql-huge config from the
/usr/share/doc/mysql-server-5.1/examples/ directory.

5. enabled innodb support

6. started mysql service

When starting the service I never get a return prompt, it simply hangs.
When opening another screen all I see is upstart trying to start it, I
never see the mysqld process running. Doing a little research I have
seen some notes about the /etc/init/mysql.conf script having a a loop in
it. Has anyone seen this yet, suggestions, hints, fixes ???

help is appreciated, thanks!

-Craig