DANGER!!! Problems with 10.04 installer (RAID devices *will* get corrupted)

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 20:52:06 UTC 2010

On 04/23/2010 12:25 PM, J wrote:

     The things I have have learned are this:

     You can get a RAID controller hardware with all the types of hard
drives made. So the people who make RAID controllers do not have an
opinion on which hard drive type is best. You buy your hard drives, and
then the controller which lets you plug in the hard drives.

     My take on SATA is that the plugs are cheap. They are extensions of
the printed wiring board so you do not want to plug and unplug very often.

     The next is the IDE which is the old standard with a parallel port
with 50 pins. It is said the SATA is a bit faster than the IDE.

      By pure logic it tells me that a lot of RAID systems are made with
SATA drives because they are easy to get, are cheap ( if anything is
cheap these days), and work fine.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI