UPDATE BIOS 2.6.3

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 13:02:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 04:27, Steve <yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> With no luck I have tried to find a "download" for a Dell/Linux BIOS ,
>> so I can update my BIOS : the problem arises in that the available "BIOS
>> downloads" are directed at "Windows Users": I had Windows
>> Vista....chucked it out and loaded Ubuntu in its place. So now the
>> problem really is that I cant find a "Ubuntu based BIOS UPDATE "
>> Can you help
>>
> Easiest way I’ve found to do this is grab a FreeDOS Boot Disk from
> http://www.fdos.org/bootdisks/

+1 for this... there are no *Anything based BIOS UPDATES from anyone
that I've ever seen... except for IBM.  BUT those are for their
servers...

Pretty much all the consumer level stuff uses a dos image of some sort
to flash the BIOS.  And the easiest way to get that is to do what
Steve says and get a FreeDOS image.  The BIOS flash utility should
work from there (it does in most/all cases anyway).

Cheers,

Jeff