DANGER!!! Problems with 10.04 installer (RAID devices *will* get corrupted)

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 12:03:38 UTC 2010

On 04/22/2010 06:13 PM, Christopher Chan wrote:
> On Friday, April 23, 2010 07:38 AM, Karl Larsen wrote:

>>> I'm the idiot, yet you're the one that managed to squeeze in 3
>>> grammatical errors in 3 sentences?
>>>

>>            Well my spelling is not the best. But RAID is not something for
>> an average user to play with. Far better you use one hard drive and back
>> up often.
>>

> Hahahaha. Well, tell that to Promise, HP, ATI/AMD, Intel, Nvidia,
> Silicon Image, Adaptec and LSI Logic because they are obviously
> marketing a product that has no future in a certain segment.

         I will never use raid because I am not running a server. But
even if I was I would back up the server every night using cron. It is
the only thing to do if you have important data. People on this list
have real pain when there hard drive fails (or the RAID5 system acts up)
and I feel their pain but it can be solved ONLY by a real back up.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User