Lucid Beta 2 ==> Lucid RC

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 23 07:42:11 UTC 2010

Am Freitag, den 23.04.2010, 17:30 +1000 schrieb Basil Chupin:
> Can I assume that the upgrades which were applied to my Lucid Beta 2 has
> upgraded my Lucid to RC (which was released yesterday)?
yes, updates will always get you to the latest state ...

> I am asking firstly because there is nothing shown when booting Lucid to
> state which "version" is being booted; and secondly, because there
> haven't been any upgrades for several days but this morning there were
> some but only around a dozen or so making me wonder if this amount is
> sufficient to bring the OS to RC.
if you look at the release schedule [1] you will notice that
we are in final freeze now, so updates to packages need to fulfil the
final freeze criteria [2], all changes to packages have to be reviewed
carefully by someone in the release team.

ciao
	oli

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidReleaseSchedule
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FinalFreeze