DANGER!!! Problems with 10.04 installer (RAID devices *will* get corrupted)

Xander Pirdy xander.pirdy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 23:33:39 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Alvin Thompson <alvin at thompsonlogic.com> wrote:
> On 04/22/2010 01:47 PM, Xander Pirdy wrote:
>> I am having trouble understanding why after saying that you absolutely
>> would not post the bug and were going to walk away from ubuntu, you
>> are trying to hinder it from being investigated thoroughly. I have
>> unmarked the duplicate tag, and am asking you not to re-mark it until
>> it has been investigated THOROUGHLY by a THIRD party (though in all
>> honesty I have no formal authority to say this). I really am having
>> trouble identifying your agenda here, though one seems to be present.
>> I also find it hard to understand that you would not want to
>> participate in the process that makes ubuntu better by submitting a
>> report, but are feeding the flames of a war on a mailing list.
>
> I have no idea what you're talking about.  I'm the only one who appears
> to have made any kind of investigation of this problem.

Alvin,
Not everyone who has posted on this list agrees with you. By marking
it as duplicate developers will not see the issue. Some upon seeing
191119, and seeing that it is two years old may think it is irrelevant
or fixed. Again it seems as if you have some other motive for not
wanting this to be seen.

I agree that you are the only one who has made any kind of
investigation of this issue, but I am trying to make it so that is not
the case. Perhaps when I get time to try and set up a raid 5 array as
well as the release candidate I will look into it, though I am far
less qualified than you I am sure. Even if it is a duplicate it just
needs to be seen by more people. I don't understand why you disagree.

Since there seems to be some disagreement back and forth on this list
about whether or not it is a duplicate, I would rather not hide it
from view IN CASE it is not. Again as soon as someone PROVES that it
is a duplicate I will remove that duplicate tag. If you wanted better
control over the problem than this I suggest that in the future you
post your own bugs. If you or anyone else thinks that I am behaving
inappropriately or in an inflammatory manner I will back down and walk
away from this whole issue as really it doesn't affect me at all.

While again I understand that you have lost a great deal of work and
time on this, and can't fathom how bad that has been for you, it seems
like you don't actually want it fixed, or even looked at, and that I
don't understand.

-Xander