Need email server aid

Alvin Thompson alvin at thompsonlogic.com
Thu Apr 22 23:26:26 UTC 2010

On 04/22/2010 06:23 PM, Chuck Kuecker wrote:
> It worked with the IP, not the domain name.
>
> I still need to get it to work with an outside address, so I guess I
> need to fiddle with my DNS server next.
>
> Thanks for the help!

If you just need 'mail.ckent.org' to resolve to your local address, just
put it in your '/etc/hosts' file, or whatever the equivalent is on you
embedded system.

BTW, if it's an embedded system that never leaves your network, why do
you need it to work with an outside address?  Why can't you just use the
local IP?