Can't log in with linux 2.6.32-21-generic kernel on Lucid

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 22 22:09:46 UTC 2010

On 04/22/2010 02:11 PM, Laura Conrad wrote:

>     NoOp> I think that this is probably will give added clues:
>     NoOp> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/554835>
>     NoOp> [[855GM] GPU hang when an application tries to use XVideo]
>
> You're right, that looks like it.

A few more to keep your eye on:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/565870>
[Xorg crashes with 855GM on boot: Failed to submit batchbuffer:
Input/output error]
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/511001>
[[i855] Lucid Freeze shortly after X startup (needs KMS blacklist?)]

I've got a test machine with an onboard intel 845 chipset in it. If I
get time I'll pull the AGP & see if I can get it to break as well.

BTW: You may find this helpful for understanding what they are talking
about when they refer to 'KMS' if you don't know already:
<http://www.netsplit.com/2010/03/30/all-about-kernel-mode-setting/>
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/KernelModeSetting