Can't log in with linux 2.6.32-21-generic kernel on Lucid

Laura Conrad lconrad at laymusic.org
Thu Apr 22 19:56:20 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Tom" == Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> writes:

    NoOp>> - Are you aware of a bug that has already been filed on
    NoOp>> launchpad that may match your issue? If so, can you provided
    NoOp>> the details?

    >> Nothing really obvious.  This
    >> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/552481>
    >> looks similar, but I don't get either the mouse pointer or the drumbeat
    >> sounds.

    Tom> A few updates have been uploaded, some of them to xorg-* and
    Tom> initramfs-* packages so they might cure your problem.

    Tom> As an aside, the developers have been working on an Xorg bug the last
    Tom> few days that was something of a showstopper so it MAY be your problem
    Tom> - and these late Xorg updates must be dealing with that.

I was hoping that, but the ones I got at lunchtime today didn't fix my
problem.  I'll try again later.

But I did get some package upgrades, so I'm no longer worried that
something's completely broken the package manager.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is
supposed to be doing at the moment.

Robert Benchley