Iceland volcanic ash and my PC

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 22 07:54:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 08:26 +0100, axel wrote:
[snip]
> I put everything back in again....following Xanders very useful comment
> of taping any removed screws ...taping them adjacent to the removal
> procedure/instruction.

As a point of interest, Dell's website actually has a copy of the
'service manual' for the Inspiron 1501, including take-down
instructions, if you end up taking everything apart yourself, rather
than getting a friend to do it, or paying somebody. The instructions are
very clear and helpful, and should be easy to follow... I'm about to go
see if they have similar instructions for the newer 15XX series so I can
break my laptop down :)

here's the links of interest:
      * Service manual homepage:
        support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1501/en/sm_en/index.htm
      * A sort-of README before doing any of this takey-aparty stuff:
        support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1501/en/sm_en/begin.htm#wp142171
      * Removing the processor cooling assembly (your point of
        interest?):
        support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1501/en/sm_en/cpucool.htm#wp1000001

Hope that helps!

--
Andrew