DANGER!!! Problems with 10.04 installer (RAID devices *will* get corrupted)

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Thu Apr 22 04:18:34 UTC 2010

On Thursday, April 22, 2010 12:03 PM, Alvin Thompson wrote:
> On 04/21/2010 11:28 PM, Christopher Chan wrote:
>> Alvin is not complaining about #191119. He did not bother to check it
>> properly and assumed that Xander referenced one that was related. They
>> do not appear to be related given the differences.
>
> I AM complaining about bug 191119, and they ARE the same bug.  As I
> mentioned in the second bug report, just because his BIOS first reported
> the problem, it doesn't follow that the BIOS caused the problem, or was
> even a factor in it.  The problem happened exactly as I described it in
> the email.  When he rebooted, his BIOS noticed the problem when it tried
> to reassemble the array, and reported it.

You mentioned md0 aka a Linux software raid array and therefore do not
have any 'raid' devices setup in BIOS. The 'raid' bios will not,
therefore, attempt to do anything on your disk. Otherwise, it would have
trashed your md0 a long time ago. Please STOP adding comments to those
bug reports because you have just completely confused the issues.
#191119 (sorry Xander - missed the part where it says Alvin made the
comment) has NOTHING to do with what you are currently seeing.