DANGER!!! Problems with 10.04 installer (RAID devices *will* get corrupted)

Alvin Thompson alvin at thompsonlogic.com
Wed Apr 21 16:41:34 UTC 2010

On 04/21/2010 12:23 PM, Brian McKee wrote:
> Jeez, thousands of people donate thousands of hours of time to give
> you an OS and you can't fill in a bug report?  For shame....

I have literally lost about 10 years worth of work (well, half of it).
And most of the replies I get are from people smugly saying that I
should have also backed up my data (true, but it doesn't help).  I've
used ubuntu since Hoary Hedgehog, but right now I'm so sick of their
current
get-it-out-the-door-on-time-with-too-many-new-features-to-properly-test-and-to-hell-with-quality
attitude that I want nothing to do with them.  You're lucky I
investigated this problem and wrote this warning.