DANGER!!! Problems with 10.04 installer (RAID devices *will* get corrupted)

Alvin Thompson alvin at thompsonlogic.com
Wed Apr 21 16:30:18 UTC 2010

On 04/21/2010 09:08 AM, Tom H wrote:
> The OPs point is that he thinks that he has uncovered a bug in the
> installer whereby is makes a mess of partitions that are mdadm'd if
> you install Ubuntu on a partition on one of the HDs that has one or
> more partitions in the array. (IIRC the first time that the OP emailed
> the list, he was using mdadm in both installs but I may be
> misremembering).
I recreated the problems several times since then, and I don't think you
need to be creating a RAID array during the install for the problem to
occur.  You just have to be creating a new partition, and there has to
be other partitions present which:
1. are currently in a RAID array
2. used to hold file systems before joining the array