Getting rid of 'balloons'

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 20 20:14:21 UTC 2010

On 04/20/2010 01:02 PM, NoOp wrote:

>>> The Gnome default is for alt-f2 to bring up the "run application"
>>> dialog box for all current (stable and testing) versions of Ubuntu,
>>> Debian, Fedora, ...
>>>
>>> So if alt-f2 is not working for you, you must have changed it...
>>>

>>          I did not change anything about run application, period. I
>> cannot find anything called "run application" on 10.04 that I can find.
>> I will look at the synaptic file manger and see if it has anything.
>
> Try from a terminal:
>
> $ gconf-editor
>
> And for Alt+F2; check System|Preferences|Keyboard Shortcuts
> you should see an entry for 'Show the panel's "Run Application" dialog
> box' and keyboard shortcut Alt+F2. If that has been changed, then you
> possibly changed your shortcuts (either purposely or accidentally).

Sorry, forgot to add that if you are still having problems with Alt+F2
(like in this bug report:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/+bug/398826>), you
can add the launcher to your panel. Right click an open space on the
panel & then 'Add to Panel' and scroll down to 'Run Application', click
& then click the 'Add' button.