Upgrading from a VM to a HD partition possible?

Franz Waldmüller waldbauernbub at gmx.at
Tue Apr 20 18:46:02 UTC 2010

Cybe R. Wizard schrieb:
> I already have Lucid running on VirtualBox (actually, three instances)
> and would like to upgrade to Lucid on my hard drive but without having
> to DL all of that which has already been DLed.  Is there a way?
>
> Google has lots of info for going the other way and creating a VM from
> an existing hard drive but I find nothing about what I would like to
> attempt.
>
> Can it be as easy as putting all the info from the
> VM's /var/cache/apt/archives into the hard drive's same file?
>
> Cybe R. Wizard
if you have another machine and just want to avoid to download all
packages. use apt-cacher-ng:
set it up in the virtual machine, then import all downloaded packages.

Install from the live cd. modify your sources so the point towards the
apt-cacher-ng.

I am in a hurry, sorry for the short explanation.
http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~bloch/acng/

Franz