Getting rid of 'balloons'

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 20 13:33:06 UTC 2010

On 20/04/10 22:54, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
>> "Cybe R. Wizard"<cyber_wizard at mindspring.com>  :
>>
>>> Is there any way to switch off these 'balloons'?
>>> (Using Ubuntu Lucid Beta 2.)
>>>
>> Good luck!  I've been trying to get rid of them for ages.
>>
> You may also use the XFCE version:
>
>    # apt-get install xubuntu-desktop
>
> which has no ballooons

I could also switch back to another distro which has the ability to
switch off these pests but that is not what I want to do :-) .

So, looks like the bottom line is that Ubuntu is kinda primitive in this
area :-( . Can't win them all I (unfortunatley) guess.

BC

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                                                     Galileo Galilei