REPOST - Sounds in Ubuntu

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 20 11:24:40 UTC 2010

Where does Ubuntu Lucid keep its system sounds, please?

I would like to replace, for example, the sound made when Lucid has just
finished booting by something like Beethoven's 5th (only kidding!:-)  )
as the current wishy-washy sound it makes I think can be much better.

BC

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                                                     Galileo Galilei